Friday, June 20, 2014

Spicy Cauliflower Bites

My facebook has become flooded with vegetarian, vegan, and raw pages over the past year; not to mention babies, weddings, and engagements. It is always refreshing when I come across a post that has comfort food from my meaty days meant for my "How am I supposed to cook for you now?!" lifestyle choices.  (Love you mom... just keep some broccoli and cauliflower stocked for my random trips to visit.)  While cruising my news feed I came across a post by Young and Raw for 'Cauliflower Buffalo Wings'. I had to rush on over to their website here and check it out for myself. 

They were amazing! It has been well over a year sense I have had real buffalo wings, but the omnivores gave these a huge thumbs up. I must have made them 10 times in the last two months; and have adapted the recipe more to my liking sense then.

Dinner party coming up? Serve these babies.... I should have made more! 



First lets add all the dry ingredients into a bowl

then add some water and stir

Coat the bite size pieces of cauliflower, and place on a cookie sheet.
Place in an oven that has been preheated to 400°F, bake for 20-25 minutes

While baking; place coconut oil in a small bowl and melt in dehydrator.
Don't have dehydrator? No worries! Place in a metal bowl, and put over a pot of water to melt it. This happens fast

Add sauce to coconut oil in larger bowl. (Franks Red Hot Sauce works well)

I have a confession to make; I have no idea what the ingredients are in this beautiful sauce that I use. I do not know if they are vegan friendly, or vegetarian, but I will one day find out. If you are lucky enough to be traveling to the beautiful islands of British Columbia Canada, be sure to stop in on Galiano and check out Max and Moritz Spicy Island Food House; I hear the food is amazing!

I could almost eat them at this point; even writing this post makes me want to have cauliflower in the house. 

The sauce and oil will separate, as you can see in this photo, remember to stir before adding cauliflower in. Add a few pieces of cauliflower at a time, and toss until completely coated.

And finally! They are ready to eat! Enjoy my friends. 

Spicy Cauliflower Bites Recipe

1 head of cauliflower; Cut into bite size pieces
1 cup almond flour (I use my dried almond meal from the Almond Milk Recipe)
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp chipotle chili powder
2 tsp paprika
1 cup of water
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup Island Sauce (Or Franks Red Hot Sauce)

Step One: Preheat over to 400°F. Combine almond flour, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir well.
Step Two: Add water. Stir.
Step Three: Coat cauliflower pieces and place on cookie sheet. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Step Four: Melt coconut oil. Place in bowl and add Island Sauce, stir well.
Step Five: Remove cauliflower bites from oven, place a few pieces in bowl with coconut oil and island sauce and coat. Remove and set in bowl to serve.

Enjoy everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment